Karthika Amavasya 2021 Date and Tithi Time - Telugu Calender
Karthika Amavasya is the 30th day of the lunar month in the dark side of the month of Karthika. Since Karthika Month ends with this day, one should try to spend more time in worship on this day. Lamps should be lit in both the Shiva temple and the Vaishnava temple. The sciences say that fasting on this day results in the observance of fasting throughout the month. Today everyone should light lamps in their house and worship Lakshmi with utmost devotion. On this day, Karthika should take a bath at dawn and light a lamp at Tulsikota(Tulasi Tree) in the house. Then go to the Shiva temple or the Vishnu temple and light two lamps at the temple with the cow ghee. The sciences say that Lakshmi blessings must occur if the cow ghee lamps on the Amavasya evening.
Karthika Amavasya Date and Tithi Time & Poli Padyami 2021 / Poli Swargam Date
|Date||Saturday, December 4, 2021|
|Tithi||Amavasya (Karthika Amavasya)|
|Tithi Time||Dec 03, 4:56 pm - Dec 04, 1:13 pm|
|Poli Padyami 2021 / Poli Swargam Date||Sunday, December 5, 2021|
|Poli Padyami 2021 / Poli Swargam Time||Between 5 AM to 8 AM on December 5, 2021|
Kartik Amavasya Vrat Rituals
The religious rites done on this auspicious day of Kartik Amavasya are as follows:
- Early in the morning, take a bath in a spiritual river, lake, or pond. Deposit sesame seeds in the flowing water and offer Argh to the Sun God.
- Recite Navagraha Stotra in the morning for Navagraha Shanti and to decrease the influence of Navagraha Doshas in one's life;
- Vishnu Sahasranama is also very important on this day. All negative Yogas in one's Kundli are eradicated by its impact.
- On this night, lighting a lamp (Deepak) at a temple or in the home of a poor person removes all sorrows and afflictions associated with Planet Saturn.
- One should also perform Abhishek of Shivling with honey on the occasion of Kartik Amavasya.